This recipe started as one thing and turned into another. This submission is my Bloody Mary Slush.
Bloody Mary Slush
Recipe by Judi Bridges
3 cups V8 juice
1 cup Vodka (preferably Grey Goose), plus 1 Tbsp.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 10-oz can Ro*Tel Original
1 Tbsp horseradish
3 shakes Louisiana hot sauce
A pinch of celery seed
A pinch of Kosher salt
Ground black pepper
1 cup cold water
1) In a small saucepan, make a simple syrup by adding the sugar and water over high heat. Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves completely, not allowing the mixture to boil. Chill.
2) Place the Ro*Tel, horseradish, celery seed, Kosher salt, ground black pepper, hot sauce, and 1 Tbsp Vodka into a food processor. Zest one lemon then add the juice of the whole lemon. Pulse until pureed. Pour equal amounts into an ice cube tray and freeze.
3) Mix 3 cups of V8 juice and 1 cup Vodka and chill.
4) When the ice cubes have frozen, put into food processor and pulse one to two times for slushy consistency. Fill glass and pour the V8 juice/Vodka mixture into glass.
5) Garnish with lemon, celery, or garnish of preference.