The saltiness of the soy sauce and sweetness of the pineapple juice and brown sugar provide a perfect balance for this mild salmon fillet. The recipe did not initially have my complete confidence, so I was both surprised and pleased that this tasted so good. If preferred, using the grilled pineapple to make a salsa for some added heat would be a great idea. Easy, fast, delicious. Again, I used my stove top grill pan. It has served me well for quick cooking entrees.
Asian Marinated Salmon with Grilled Pineapple
Recipe, Jolts & Jollies blog
- In a small mixing bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and ground ginger until well combined.
- Place salmon in sealable container, pour marinade over fish. Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Place salmon onto hot grill, grill pan or skillet, skin side down (reserve remaining marinade). Cook until the edges of the fish become a whitish color. Flip salmon and cook until done.
- Place reserved marinade into a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened into a glaze.
- Grill pineapple slices until heated and grill lines appear.
- Serve salmon topped with glaze and pineapple slices.